Coldwood Creative Director Martin Sahlin swung by to spin a yarn about Unravel game, our fave bit of red fluff being afrayed of the epic tale ahead of him and more!
We’re part of the Geeked.fm network along with Geeks in Sneaks, Chromatic Life and More than Bits. We have tees, and other items in the #INeedDiverseGames spreadshirt shop. We’re splitting the profits 50/50 with Chachibobinks. We’ve got a blog to compliment the show! Follow us at outoftokenscast.com If you have questions, compliments, hate mail feel free to drop a note at firstname.lastname@example.org as well. Follow us on Twitter; @OutOfTokensCast
Musical accompaniment for Fresh Out of Tokens is provided by Mike Moody. You can hear more of her work at: http://soundcloud.com/mikemoody-1
Questions for Martin:
- How many design iterations did Yarny go through before he was finalized into the character we ended up playing?
- Crabs, birds, machinery, electrocution! You monsters! 😉 Seriously though, how difficult was it to animate those grisly death/fail scenes?
- What does Coldwood have in store for us in the future?
- Did you design the platform mechanics first and then add visuals later? Or vice versa?
- How did you choose the length of the yarn? Was it longer / shorter in earlier versions?
- Have you played yoshi’s wooly world? If so, what do you think?
Could there ever be another game featuring Yarny? Or did Unravel cover everything that needed to be said?
What was it like creating such detailed digital versions of real life environments?
- The soundtrack is perfect all the way through. Are there any plans to release it for sale?
- Is Yarny officially part of the Inquisition now, and will he be traveling to Tevinter?
- Was the epilogue planned from the beginning, or was it demanded after seeing the ending?
- Was there a deliberate attempt to make players want to protect Yarny?
What we’re playing/reading:
Martin: Gravity Rush: Remastered, FF7, Warframe, Alien: Isolation, Uncharted 4 Multiplayer
Tanya: Unravel, Dragon Age Inquisition, Dragon Age II
Where to find our guest online
Where to find your hosts online: