So we’ve got some great guests lined up for over the coming weeks! Send us questions for upcoming guests by @’ing us on twitter @OutOfTokensCast or emailing us firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jamie Broadnax of Black Girl Nerds (Recording 3/30/2016)
- Mel Fleming of Bioware, talking about localization (Recording 4/6/2016)
- Devs of We Are Chicago Game, to talk about the game, diversity and representation. (Recording 4/13/2016)
- Eve Eschenbacher to talk about mental health and wellness in games, working in the industry (Recording 4/20/2016)
- No Recording 4/27 due to Tanya traveling
- Tzufit of Pop Culture Coven (Recording 5/4/2016)
- Donna Prior of OrcaCon (Recording 5/8/2016)
Do you have suggestions for future guests? Let us know and we’ll see what we can do! We’re looking into getting 80 Days Meg Jayanth on, we’d love, love, love to get Sammus on to talk about Infusion. Once the Mass Effect Andromeda crew comes up for air, we’d love to get Manveer Heir on to discuss it & how being a Boss of Honor at GX Australia went for him.
Coldwood Creative Director Martin Sahlin swung by to spin a yarn about Unravel game, our fave bit of red fluff being afrayed of the epic tale ahead of him and more!
We’re part of the Geeked.fm network along with Geeks in Sneaks, Chromatic Life and More than Bits. We have tees, and other items in the #INeedDiverseGames spreadshirt shop. We’re splitting the profits 50/50 with Chachibobinks. We’ve got a blog to compliment the show! Follow us at outoftokenscast.com If you have questions, compliments, hate mail feel free to drop a note at email@example.com as well. Follow us on Twitter; @OutOfTokensCast
Musical accompaniment for Fresh Out of Tokens is provided by Mike Moody. You can hear more of her work at: http://soundcloud.com/mikemoody-1
Questions for Martin:
Via Nadia C:
- How many design iterations did Yarny go through before he was finalized into the character we ended up playing?
- Crabs, birds, machinery, electrocution! You monsters! 😉 Seriously though, how difficult was it to animate those grisly death/fail scenes?
- What does Coldwood have in store for us in the future?
Via Shareef Jackson:
- Did you design the platform mechanics first and then add visuals later? Or vice versa?
- How did you choose the length of the yarn? Was it longer / shorter in earlier versions?
- Have you played yoshi’s wooly world? If so, what do you think?
Could there ever be another game featuring Yarny? Or did Unravel cover everything that needed to be said?
What was it like creating such detailed digital versions of real life environments?
- The soundtrack is perfect all the way through. Are there any plans to release it for sale?
- Is Yarny officially part of the Inquisition now, and will he be traveling to Tevinter?
- Was the epilogue planned from the beginning, or was it demanded after seeing the ending?
- Was there a deliberate attempt to make players want to protect Yarny?
What we’re playing/reading:
Martin: Gravity Rush: Remastered, FF7, Warframe, Alien: Isolation, Uncharted 4 Multiplayer
Tanya: Unravel, Dragon Age Inquisition, Dragon Age II
Where to find our guest online
Where to find your hosts online:
We’re super excited for you to hear today’s episode with Martin Sahlin, who created Yarny and Unravel game. Next week we’re recording with Jamie Broadnax of Black Girl Nerds, then Bioware’s Mel Fleming about Localization.
We’re getting local with the We Are Chicago dev team, and we welcome Eve Eschenbacker to the show the week after. We’re taking a week off due to EIC Cypher’s con schedule for April 22nd – May 2nd.
We’re wide open for guests starting with May 4th, 2016. Still looking to schedule Donna Prior to talk up OrcaCon, Jarryd Huntley, we’d love to get Akira Johnson on, as well as the lead writer for Mafia III, Anita Sarkeesian to talk up her new project and Zoe Quinn to talk about Crash Override.
Do you know of a dev we should have on, or a games critic? Ping us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on twitter at OutOfTokensCast
Sad fluff is sad without listener questions!
No one likes a sad fluffy yarny! Don’t let him down! For our 40th episodes, we’re talking to Unravel Game developer, Martin Sahlin on March 9th!
Because of time difference, we’ll be recording around 11am CST. So if you have questions for Martin, tweet us at OutOfTokensCast or email us at email@example.com before 7pm Central US Time on March 8, 2016
We’ve got some great guests lined up for you in the next month!
Our next episode on March 2nd features Josh Samuels of Arrival Game!
We’re next recording with the following awesome folks!
- Simply Undrea (Variety Streamer)
- Martin Sahlin (Unravel Game)
- Elsa Henry (Game Dev, OrcaCon 2017 GoH)
- Jamie Broadnax (Black Girl Nerds)
- Mel Fleming (Bioware Localization)
We’re still looking for future guests! If you’re into aspects of game dev, streaming, diversity, intersectionality or games journalism send us a note about guesting on the show. Drop a note at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter at @OutOfTokensCast