We talked with Megan Condis about academics & research in regard to gaming, writing about games for Al Jazeera America, memes, and political gaming bodies. Listen to an interesting discussion on all these topics and more!
We’re part of the Geeked.fm network along with Geeks in Sneaks, Chromatic Life and More than Bits. We have tees, and other items in the #INeedDiverseGames spreadshirt shop. We’re splitting the profits 50/50 with Chachibobinks.
We’ve got a blog to compliment the show! Follow us at outoftokenscast.wordpress.com If you have questions, compliments, hate mail feel free to drop a note there as well.
Questions for Megan
From @thain1982 on Twitter:
- What themes would you most like to see games explore?
- •What themes are they least suited to explore?
- •Are there any (alt)games that you feel handled a difficult theme well? (Papo Y Yo, Minority Media)
What we’re playing/reading:
- Megan: Chime Sharp Demo, League of Legends, always
- Tanya: Fallout Shelter
- David: The Secret World, Shadowrun: Hong Kong,
Where to find our guest online
- Twitter: @MeganCondis
- Site: https://megancondis.wordpress.com/
- The Game of Trolls and how to Win it
- The Online Game that proves the web is not a post racial utopia
- Original Games by Megan
Where to find your hosts online:
- Tanya D. – @cypheroftyr // @INeedDivGms
- Twitch: twitch.tv/cypheroftyr // twitch.tv/INeedDivGames
- Patreon: patreon.com/INeedDiverseGames
- David L. Reeves – @RedConversation
- Twitch: twitch.tv/red_conversation
- Patreon: patreon.com/redconversation
The intro is from Magical Girls Can Trap by MGC.
The song at the end is Kawaii Streets by MGC.
Both are from the album Magical Girls Run the World.